Top 25 Things You May Not Know About Me
I've been holding back out of fear. Fear of Judgement. Fear of Failure. Fear of Success. Fear of the Truth. My Truth.
Well I'm tired. Tired of hiding behind the fear. 2016 brought about big changes for me in both my personal and professional life.
Turning 40 this year was also a huge milestone for me. It brought about a lot of changes in how I see myself and the world that I'm still trying to fully understand.
But it also put a lot of things in perspective. I've been talking to a lot of the women in my life and most of them agree that when women turn 40 and evolution of sorts starts to emerge. Women evolve in a way that men simply don't. When a woman turns 40 it all of a sudden becomes about her. And only her. What does she want, what does she need and how is she going to get it. It's all about finding purpose.
2017 for me will be all about taking back control and doing whatever the fuck makes me happy. And that includes writing posts on my blog that may not appeal to everyone. But I'm OK with that. As long as I can look myself in the mirror at the end of the day and say, "You did OK today, keep going", I know I'll be just fine.
I thought a good jumping off point to "reveal" more about me is by sharing my
Top 25 Things You May Not Know About Me
Here we go.
1. I don't like people in general. Yes I just said that out loud. 90% people I interact with on the daily piss me off
2. I despise liars, cheaters, disloyalty, being fake and ignorance
3. I hold myself and others to a very high standard. Something that hasn't always worked in my favor. I just don't feel the need to change myself in order if something doesn't add up for someone else.
4. I'm very open-minded and tend to be very outspoken almost to the point of being obscenely honest especially about the things that mean a lot to me
5. I'm a Virgo, Type A Personality, Introvert with a mild case of OCD.
6. I'm left handed which means that I'm right-brained and think more logically than emotionally
7. I rarely cry. At times it makes me uncomfortable when others do, especially for no reason
8. I swear. A LOT
9. When I get mad it's not pretty. I'm not mean or petty but I have no problem nailing you to a wall with facts
10 I believe monogamy is a choice. A choice I will gladly make each and every day with someone that I truly love and care about
11. If you expect one person to meet all your needs you're going to be very unhappy. One person cannot be your everything. We all have different people in our lives for different purposes
12. I have a very healthy sexual appetite. Not much offends me and I talk about sex like people talk about the weather. I love everything about it.
13. I'm allergic to alcohol. I've never been drunk so stop asking me if I have and stop telling me I'm missing out.
14. I enjoy the company of men over women. I find men fascinating, Always have always will
15. I don't have kids. It's not that I don't like kids but they just don't fit into my lifestyle. So stop fucking asking me.
16. I am perfectly comfortable being alone. There's something to be said about solitude. It brings a sense of calm that nothing else will ever match especially on stressful days
17. I'm a diabetic. Believe it. No I'm not overweight or have high blood pressure or cholesterol so stop fucking assuming you know why
18. I'm a very complex person. When people try to figure me out I tell them to stop trying. It will never happen
19. I have a very good memory. At times it proves to be very useful but it can also be my worst enemy because I never forget. Anything
20. I have been divorced three times. I ended all ofthem. You don't know my story so don't judge. Life happens
21. I'm fiercely independent and highly self sufficient. This doesn't mean I don't need to lean on someone from time to time. But for the most part I try to resolve my own problems before seeking out the help of others
22. I know how to change a tire and my oil in my car. Every woman should know how to do this
23. I don't believe in self pity. If you don't like something about yourself or your life stop complaining and fucking do something about it
24. I have used my looks to my advantage. Just because people won't admit it doesn't mean they've never done it
25. If you ask me a question I'm going to give you an answer. You may not like it but I'm not much for lying and I certainly don't sugar coat anything. Not my style
Tell me do you "hide" anything about yourself because you're afraid of what others may think? Does fear hold you back from being true to yourself?
Let me know in the comments below :)